Tuesday 6 August 2013

My Priceline 40%-off Haul - Part 1

A much anticipated box arrived in the post this morning - whooo hoooo! my Priceline haul has just arrived! 
.......and don't you just love the sticker on the box!


As I couldn't get to my local store before the 40% off sale finished I decided make my first ever purchase at the Priceline online shop (no way was I missing out on a 40% discount!). 
I was initially only after some more of the Montagne Jeunesse face masks, but when I saw how much I could save on things I 'needed' I decided to splurge a little.

PLEASE NOTE: the prices quoted are what I paid after the 40% discount

 Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System
Replacement heads (2 boxes)
$19.49 
2 x brush heads ($5.99 each)



I have heard so many great things about this system (thanks mainly from the lovely ladies at Beauty Heaven), and with it being discounted by 40% I just had to purchase and give it a whirl. 

According to the advertising it deeply cleanses + gently exfoliates + primes skin for anti-ageing regimes - well if that is the case I now have my very own personal miracle machine!


I do like that the batteries are included - nothing annoys me more than when I purchase an item/product only to find I then meed to buy batteries - great job Olay!.

As well as two batteries it comes with a brush head and 20ml skin renewal cleanser. I wasn't too sure on the cleanser it has a bit of a plastically smell to it, but after testing it on my had I found the smell dissipates very quickly with no residual scent. So I am sure I will be fine with it.

The bristles on the brush are very soft to the touch. 
The brush is  designed 'specially to be gentle on skin for daily use.' And as I have a dreadful T-zone I am looking forward to how well it will remove the oil and dirt there.

Due to the great discount I also purchased two boxes of replacement brush heads. As each box contains two brushes I should have plenty to last me (on the box it says to replace the heads every 3 moths - so looks like I have over a years worth of brushes!)

Formula 10.0.6 Down to the Pore
Blackhead Banishing Pore Strips
Tea Tree + Kaolin
$3.59

I bought these for my daughter (however I too use them every once in a while). I find they are great for removing those pesky blackheads that seem to cluster around my nose (than darn T-zone again!). I also find tea tree to be a fabulous ingredient and great when fighting blackheads and acne.

We have never used this actual product before, but have been happy with other products from this range, and hey at $3.59 it is worth a try.
This box contains 6 individual pore strips.

Models Prefer MATT me
Pore minimising cleansing wipes with MP aquaFLEX
25 wipes
$4.19

Another product I have never tried before, but once again have used other products in the range - so happy to give it a try.
I like that it may assist in minimising my pores, but even if it doesnt I like using wipes for removing makeup or refreshing my skin, so they will definitely come in handy, and they were a bargain.

According to the packet the 'innovative MP aquaFLEX system restores the skin's natural aquaporins that regulate hydration levels and promote collagen synthesis for maximum skin moisture and youthful complexion.' - we shall see!

I do like that the packet has a resealable lid rather than a simple adhesive strip.

Olay Wet Cleansing Towelettes
Sensitive
30 wipes
$4.19

Now these I do like, and am currently using (even if they do have just an adhesive re-seal). I have chosen the sensitive wipes as my skin can get a bit red and blotchy when using wipes if I am not careful. 

I do like they way these wipes cleanse my skin without irritating and they are not too wet nor too dry (they are just right!). I love their convenience, how they are so handy and can be thrown into a case or hand bag for use away from home. 

Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks
Damask Rose 100g $5.39
Sauna Mask 15g 2 x $2.39 each 
Apricot Scrub 12g 2 x $2.39 each

And lastly (but not leastly) my lovely collection of face masks. I am really loving these at present. The smells are simply divine and my face feels so wonderful and refreshed (and not to mention soft!) after use. I simply cannot get enough of these! 

The Damask Rose smells heavenly. As the name suggests it smells of roses (my all time favourite flower) and includes marula oil, shea and cocoa butter - yum!. 
It is an ultra deep cleansing masque and according to the packaging includes up to 10 uses (so each treatment may only cost 54c - bargain!).
Can't wait to try this one!

The Apricot Scrub is a deep exfoliating and ultra cleansing scrub. As it is in a sachet I cannot smell it, but can imagine its lovely citrusy scent. This scrub also contains mango and aloe vera.

The Sauna Mask is 'anti stress' (just what I need!) and is for normal, oily and T-zone skin. It is deep pore cleansing and is self-heating (this is what I bought this mask for as I love my self-heating masks).

What I love about the MJ single use masks is they are simply that - one use. I am not left with left-over mask or trying to stretch out insufficient product. I can pop one or more in with my travel bags and use on holidays all without the extra bottles and tubes - perfect!. And when they are on special they are a cheap (but luxurious) treat for my skin.

I was impressed with how my parcel was packaged. Everything was carefully sealed in plastic bags (just in-case of breakages or leakages during transit), and then securely padded with extra cardboard. I appreciate the care taken to ensure my items arrived safely - thanks Priceline on-line!

I must say I am very happy with my little haul and very excited about trialing some new products. 

As you can see by the heading it says PART 1 - so yes I couldn't help myself.  I was on Beauty Heaven and read some raves about some other products (I have not as yet tried) and so HAD to go back on line and do a second order (my poor bank balance is looking pretty sick as of now)

So all up, including post I paid $64.34 for my little lot - one happy vegemite!


No comments:

Post a Comment